The Messenger Coming to PS4 on March 19
Sabotage Studio announced today via the PlayStation Blog that The Messenger, crowned Best Indie Debut game at The Game Awards 2018, will launch on the PlayStation 4 on March 19, 2019 for $19.99 USD / 24.99$ CAD.
Players can also look forward to more content for free this summer with a whole new (and playable at PAX East 2019 in the indie MEGABOOTH) DLC called Picnic Panic. The tropics-inspired update promises to deliver on a fantastic new standalone storyline and a handful of new levels spreading across Voodkin Island.
As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world, to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan’s survival. What begins as a classic action platformer soon unravels into an expansive time-traveling adventure full of thrills, surprises, and humor.
• Dynamic, acrobatic gameplay and ultra tight controls worthy of an epic ninja adventure.
• Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels, and branching paths to discover.
• Meticulously designed 8-bit and 16-bit sprites, animations, and backgrounds in the spirit of the classics.
• A memorable cast of offbeat villains, bosses, and associates.
• Original soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, handmade using Famitracker.
For more information on The Messenger, visit sabotagestudio.com.
Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.