PUBG Xbox One Fully Released;Update v1.0 Out Now
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, commonly known as PUBG was announced for the Xbox One back at E3 2017. Following that it was released in December 2017 as part of the Xbox Game Preview program which is essentially Early Access and not the full release. After 9 months of being in Xbox Game Preview, it is finally out of it with the launch of the v1.0 Update.
The new PUBG 1.0 Update was showcased at Gamescom 2018 and is finally out now with a download size of 13.54 GB. The game now features achievements which were previously absent, the Sanhok map, War Mode, the PUBG Event Pass and now also has microtransactions enabled in the form of in-game currency known as G-Coin which can be used to purchase cosmetic items. The game has also received performance updates and bug fixes in the new version as seen below.
- Optimized loading high resolution textures on Xbox One OG.
- Optimized level streaming on Xbox One X
- Fixed an issue where some items weren’t able to be picked up.
- Fixed an issue where having more than one controller connected would:
- Lower the sensitivity after ADS
- Disallow driving vehicles
- Fixed an issue where frame would drop because of effects from destroyed vehicles/boats.
- Fixed an issue where the screen would be darkened in HDR on some monitors.
- Fixed an issue where the character would seem like it’s moving faster after certain steps near stair handrails.
- Fixed an issue where player was unable to navigate shotgun through attachments on S1897, S686.
The full patch notes can be read on the PUBG Forums.
Now that PUBG is officially out now, we can expect it to come to the PlayStation 4. It has dominated the PC gaming scene, the mobile gaming scene and with the full release of Xbox, it might take over the Xbox landscape as well. All that is left is the PlayStation 4 and the Nintendo Switch. It would be quite a surprise to see it come to the Switch, especially if they manage to keep it on par with the Xbox version but this is just speculation and only time will tell how PUBG grows from here.
Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.