PUBG PC Season 6 Update Adds New Map ‘Karakin’
Season 6 is upon us and it brings with it a brand new island to the Battlegrounds. Karakin has risen like its namesake from the sea to bring intense action and quick gameplay to PUBG. New dangers, new weapons and a whole new island await, so let’s drop into the action of Update 6.1.
NEW MAP: KARAKIN
Higher tension, faster pace: Welcome to Karakin.
Karakin is a 2×2 km island off the coast of Northern Africa. It’s an arid, rocky environment that provides wide-open terrain and challenging engagements. It’s small, fast, and dangerous: Expect the tension of Miramar combined with the pace of Sanhok. Karakin is a 64 players map.
Players should expect long distance rifle engagements in the mountains, tactical urban conflict, and claustrophobic underground combat. And with the introduction of the Black Zone, Karakin reveals its twist: a map that’s layout changes every match.
Our new hazard, the Black Zone only available in Karakin, levels buildings into smoking ruins.
- The Black Zone is designed to push players out of the safety of a building.
- The hazard is random: towns and compounds can be undamaged, totally flattened, and everything in between.
- The mix of buildings and ruins evolves in real time throughout the match: Meaning don’t always expect that building you run to for cover to be there late in the match.
- Remember, if you hear the siren, and you are inside that purple circle on the minimap- evacuate!
New Throwable: Sticky Bomb (Karakin Only)
To change up siege play, we’re introducing Breach Points which can be destroyed with Sticky Bombs in Karakin.
- Certain walls and floors have breach points which can be destroyed with Sticky Bombs
- This feature presents more tools for our players: For campers, it allows more sight lines/windows to be created
- For squads going on the offensive however, there are new options for storming buildings- “Do we blast in through the back of the building, or through the roof- maybe both?” the choice is yours!
- And for explorers, we’ve hidden many secret areas for those players with a spare Sticky Bomb or two, and a keen nose for loot
Finally, to make interior gun fights a little more interesting, we’ve added bullet penetration to our weakest walls in Karakin. Getting brief glimpses of your enemies through damaged drywall, and deciding to take the fight or regroup- gives players more options.
At PUBG we are dedicated to providing new experiences for you, the player, and pushing what’s possible in our genre. We can’t wait for you to experience it for yourself!
Karakin Loot Increase – 23rd January
We heard your feedback during the testing phase and initial launch of Karakin and have now implemented a hotfix to increase and rebalance loot on our newest Battleground.
To ensure you can drop in and loot up quickly above around, we’ve rebalanced loot spawns to improve your overall experience. There’ll now be much more loot to go around for you and your squad.
We understand and agree that feeling a need to rush and breach a tunnel each match to get that sweet, sweet loot just didn’t feel great. So, we’ve increased above-ground spawn rate of healing and boost items, as well as scopes to get you battle ready quicker. We hope this will allow you to explore Karakin more freely without feeling required to breach a tunnel just to find enough of that sweet, sweet loot to survive.
Please keep the feedback coming, it’s appreciated as always and we look forward to continually improving Karakin alongside our passionate community.
- Increased 2x, 3x, 4x scopes
- Increased healing/boost items above ground
- Modified ratio of total SR/DMR muzzle attachments due to increased spawn rate of those weapons
- Decreased number of melee weapons, canted sights and magazine attachments
- Removed Sawed-off from Karakin
New Vehicle: Motor Glider
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Motor Glider is currently available on live servers (added Jan 15). For more information, please see the PUBG LABS Report – Motor Glider.
- Motor Glider is available on Erangel and Miramar
- 10 Motor Gliders will spawn across the map each game, across 40 potential locations.
- Motor Glider has two seats; one for pilot and one for passenger who can shoot and use any weapon from the backseat
- To takeoff, you must gain the necessary speed of 65 km/h then pitch up with the S key
- You’ll start to take off automatically once you hit 70 km/h
- Motor Glider’s fuel consumption rate is tied to the engine speed – the more throttle you apply, the faster you will run out of gas
- Motor Glider will be spawned without gas. Fuel up before starting the engine.
- There’s no maximum altitude you can reach, the sky is the limit! But engine will start losing power the higher the altitude you are at
- Use W/S keys to control the pitch and A/D to control the roll of the aircraft
- Adjust the throttle by holding Left Shift and Left Ctrl keys
- Hold Spacebar when on the ground to engage handbrake
Read complete patch notes here.