Final Fantasy VIII Remastered announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC
Square Enix announced Final Fantasy VIII Remastered for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam) during its E3 2019 press conference. It will launch in 2019.
Here is an overview of the game, via Square Enix:
Coming in 2019, Final Fantasy VIII Remastered marks the 20th Anniversary of its original release with a new visual refresh and brings the game’s beloved story to modern platforms: Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. With overhauled visuals, see your favorite characters come to life like never before!
The remaster includes renewed character models and the following new system features:
- Battle Reinforcement: Keeps HP and ATB at maximum, allowing special skills to be activated at any time.
- No Encounters: Turn on / off battle encounters.
- Triple Speed: All scenes advance at three times the speed (excluding movies).
Additionally, the PC version offers the following additional features:
- Obtain All Items: Obtain all items, excluding some items.
- Obtain All Abilities: Learn all obtainable G.F. abilities.
- G.F. Level MAX: Max out obtainable G.F. Level.
- Gil MAX: Max out Gil.
- Magic MAX: Max out obtainable magic stock.
- Obtain All Special Skills: Learn all special skills.
- Obtain All Cards: Obtain the maximum amount of cards, excluding rare cards.